I did my PhD at the Department for Media, Cognition, and Communication at the University of Copenhagen from February, 2010, through January, 2013. Professor Stig Hjarvard served as my supervisor. I publicly defended the PhD dissertation “News on the Web: instantaneity, multimodality, interactivity, and hypertextuality on Danish news websites” on May 3, 2013.
For my PhD, I researched whether/how news workers use the affordances of news websites.
The PhD project was financed by a
Three journal articles, one book chapter, and one Danish-language book have come directly from the dissertation:
- Digital journalistik [Digital journalism] (2018), Frederiksberg: Samfundslitteratur.
- “Researching Affordances“. In: Jeremy Hunsinger, Lisbeth Klastrup & Matthew M. Allen (eds.), Second International Handbook of Internet Research .Springer.
- “The mediatization of journalism” in MedieKultur issue 54 (2013), 141-158.
- “Terrorisme i realtid: 22. juli 2011 på danske og norske netaviser” [Terrorism in real time: July 22, 2011, on Danish and Norwegian news websites] in Norsk Medietidsskrift 20, issue 4 (2013), 292-311.
- “Audience Participation in the Production of Online News. Towards a Typology” in Nordicom Review 34, Special Issue 2013 (2013), 113-126.